Gent \ Stars & Stripes problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanted to start glueing up a Gent Stars & Stripes pen today and found that the inlay stripes are just undersized. Perhaps 1/32 or less. Does anyone familiar with this kit know if the bottom tube being short will be critical. I was hoping it might be like the slim lines and leave some room for error.

Thanks,

Brian

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Brian you should call or email Ken, I know that if there is a problem that he will make it right. When I made mine when I tryed the stripes in onbe direction they would be short but when I turned them around they were maybe a little over so that I had to trim which is what I would exspect.

Wayne

scubaman

Passed Away Jun 20, 2018
In Memoriam
I assume they are short on one end, and long on the other? And you flipped them and now they are even shorter on the short end? It hasn't happened to me, but I can see how it could...

The main barrel can easily be shortened by 1/32 and you'll never notice, in either the FP or RB. So if you don't want to wait a couple of days, go right ahead! You'll be fine.

BTW - put them in with the slightly charred side facing *UP* they go in easier that way

I did send an email to Ken but since it wasn't normal business hours, I wasn't sure how long it would take. I am suppose to make delivery by Friday which I why I posted here as well.

Ken stated the same as everyone. He would resend one and make it right or just take a little off and it should work.

Thanks,

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom