General Newb Q's....?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

redneckmedic

I've been reading the IAP for a couple few weeks now and practically turned te library inside out. I tried to read more and ask as least as possible. But here is what I've settled on for some general questions...

Is there a link or download that has first a side by side comparison of the different kinds of kit pens? This would be handy for the newer turner to see what their options are before they go to the store or navigate through a website.

Along with pics of the different pen types maybe a chart with their dementions and different names per vendor. Maybe a level of difficulty per style also.

I would like to see something with a side by side comparison with the different finishes as well. How they are applied and level of difficulty.

Does anyone know if such a project (all the above) has been done before at a vendor's site or here?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Kretzky

Have a look here
http://www.penturners.org/forum/f139/iap-library-general-reference-77366/

scrolldown to Pen Kit Information. It pretty much lists all the pen kits available from the various mufacturers & the various names given to them. I don't know that you'll find a more comprehensive or helpful list anywhere. As for which ones to make, try the ones you like the look of, but initially stay away from the higher priced kits. Single tube pens are 'easier' to make (eg Sierra & its derivatives) but I don't know that any particular style is more or less difficult than another, after all they are all based on turning something that been applied to a brass tube, all in a very similar manner. Have a look around the various manufacturers/ suppliers websites to see which styles appeal to you, jump in & have a go.
hope that helps, Good Luck!

Last edited:

Habe

Go to the general reference section in the library and go down to the pen kit reference, (it just after the nip stuff). There are several charts that should do what you want. And welcome

Top Bottom