Gemini pen kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

wudnhed

Man, Ray and I have tried to put this thing together for about an hour and it just won't work. It's a click pen kit and it clicks with the writing part up inside the golden tip but when we screw everything down it won't click. Like its too long, too short...we've taken apart and adjusted everything several times. Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Can't offer anything constructive..
I've never done one of those... don't really like the looks of the pen in the catalog either.. I've made only about 3 or 4 click pens... not a lot of success with any of them.. I've done the "Classic click" pens where the cap clicks down over the barrel.. only one I got to work right was a deer horn one, so I kept it for myself.

Firefyter-emt

I hate this pen kit... I have one that is all messed up as well. The directions stink and the clip is just plain stupid. I do not plan to ever make one agian so I feel your pain and you are not alone!

wudnhed

Should I contact PSI and try to get a refund? I just got 5 kits[:(] Fire, your right, directions are terrible and I gues I just got a learning experience. I cut, drilled and glued for all 5 kits my newest and best acrylics and woods. I am so bummed[:(][V][:(!]

Firefyter-emt

Tell me about it. I made one in Chechen burl with a CA finish! I never did get it to work and I think at one point I even used a set of pliers to take it apart! [:(!]

It's worth the complaint, it's not like you are the only one with this issue.

angboy

It's kind of tricky in that you have to get the two little plastic pieces that have ends sort of like a drive center (hope I'm using the right word for what I'm thinking of) put together right, and then you have to push them into the pen tube, using teh refill, and it takes some finesse to get them to poke up all the way through the opening at the top. If they don't come up far enough, you can't screw the gold clicker part on.

It's certainly not the easiest kit to put together and sometimes I think I must be the only person that likes this kit! but I wouldn't give up on your five kits yet, I doubt all of them are bad even if this one is. But if you do want to give up, you could still use the glued up blanks, it's the same tube as the polaris and the executive and (I think) the atlas.

wudnhed

OK, I just talked to tech support at PSI and Jerry says the reason one Gemini bushing is longer than the other is you use the long end of the bushing to push the sleeve holder in as far as that bushing will push it. No mention of this in instructions and I pointed that out to Jerry. I'll try and report back.

It works now[:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom