Gel refills and/or kits with refills standard

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

crokett

I made 2 of these kits last week

Slimline Pro Chrome Pen Kit - WoodTurningz

I had issues with assembly - instructions were contradictory and then on both of them the supplied refill doesn't protrude from the nib far enough. They work but don't look good. On one of them I'm disassembling it and will shorten the lower barrel. I'm looking for alternative kits with gel standard and wondering if refills for say a Mesa or Sierra (or Orion) are offered.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Any kit using a parker style refill can be fitted with a gel refill. There are several choices available. Many of us use the Schmidt Ultraflow 9000. Parker also makes a gel refill and most suppliers have gel refill replacements for the parker refill.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
Generally there are two types of refills for ball point pens. The "Cross style" used in 7mm kits and the "Parker Style" Used in the rest. Roller Ball Refills are used in cap Pens. Many many of the vendors and supplies carry refills that can replace the kit refill. You can type refills in Woodturningz search engine or you can use any other or your favorite vendors. Exotic Blanks carries an extensive selection, WoodnWhimsies carries them also.

KenV

That is indeed a Parker refill in a set of 8 mm tubes.

That is a PSI kit with a gel refill according to the literature.

There is some variation in the length of refills and it is possible that you have one on the short side. Calipers will tell the story.

RedBeard

While I cannot answer your question I also turned one of these a couple weeks back and I have to agree that the instructions seem to be a bit on contradictory side.
I read some reviews of these on the PSI site and there was some mention that the lower barrel tube was a tad bit long. I didn't seem to have this problem though. Everything else being equal it makes me wonder if there is some variance in the production of the actual mechanism?

I made 2 of these kits last week

Slimline Pro Chrome Pen Kit - WoodTurningz

I had issues with assembly - instructions were contradictory and then on both of them the supplied refill doesn't protrude from the nib far enough. They work but don't look good. On one of them I'm disassembling it and will shorten the lower barrel. I'm looking for alternative kits with gel standard and wondering if refills for say a Mesa or Sierra (or Orion) are offered.

lwalper

Or, you can get Pilot G2 refills just about anywhere. If you can't find the refill you want, you can get the entire pen in multi-packs, toss the pen and use the refill.

Top Bottom