Gel Refill Issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Jeremy

I've turned only 4 pens so far. I've found it quite enjoyable and ordered some more kits and blanks from Woodturningz. I also ordered some Parker gel refills because I really didn't care for how the stock Wall Street II/Sierra refills wrote. However, when I switched the stock for the gel, I immediately noticed the refill has a smaller tip diameter, so that it moves around in the tip of the pen as you write. Is this just the way things are, or just an issue with these particular refills?

It's a shame because they write so much better, but the pen feels sort of wobbly and makes little clicking noises as the refill hits the insides of the pen barrel. I was going to start replacing the stock refills for these when selling the pens. (Sold all three I've made so far)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tim self

I believe its just that particular refill. Maybe the sourcing but I've not experienced that with any I've done and I now replace all my regular parker refills.

Jeremy

I believe its just that particular refill. Maybe the sourcing but I've not experienced that with any I've done and I now replace all my regular parker refills.

Where do you get your refills from, then? I'd like to do the same. Even with the clicky wobbly gel refills it's a whole new level of nice.

Some can be like that, yes. Try the Private Reserve 9000 from exoticblanks.com. It is a better refill than the gel even.

I ordered some the same day I ordered from Woodturningz, these got here first.

Mark

I order my Parker refills from Exotic Blanks (buy them bulk). The Private Reserve (Easy Flow 9000) writes so smooth.

In an impartial side by side comparison with a stock Ballpoint and the Easy Flow 9000 (by my boss), the Wall St. was described as follows: "feels like it glides over the paper with the upgraded refills".

Truly a worthwhile upgrade in my book.

Top Bottom