Gel refill for cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

Our suppliers selling gel refills in the Parker-style, also as Ed said, one can get original Parker gel refill in any office supply store. However, they are a bit thick at the end and one must ream out the nib hole in some case, a small number drill bit, I believe its somewhere around 38/40/42 will do the job. Somewhere in these stores I saw no-name Parkerstyle gel refills. You just have to get out or order them.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I use the original Parker Gel refills in all my Berea Cigar pens from Arizona Silhouette and Woodcraft and have never had to drill anything out; they all fit perfectly. I have never tried a PSI Cigar though so those may be different.

GK

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Greg,

You are LUCKY. OR you don't use Titanium Cigars. The Chrome and other platings seem to be much better, but many "titanium gold" will not accomodate the "real" Parker gel without "re-reaming" the nib.

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
I must be lucky. I use primarily (and lots of) TiGold, BlackTi, and Platinum with some Black Chrome and Satin Nickel (from before I knew the plating differences).

GK

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I hope it was just one "run" then - maybe my kits this year won't have that problem!!!

Last year it was a genuine PAIN!!!!! Dozens of them did not work!!!!

thewishman

I made 21 platinum cigars in December that needed the extra nib end reaming to accommodate the Parker gels. (The customer loved Ed's Dawn's orange-gold PR.)

Chris

cdcarter

That explains a problem I've been having when I try to use gel cartridges in the 8 mm PKMONT-PAR kit from PSI. I like that kit and prefer the Parker point to the Cross style, but when I put a gel in it, it doesn't open and close smoothly. It's apparently sticking as a result of the larger size. (It is fractionally longer too.)

Originally posted by gketell
<br />I use the original Parker Gel refills in all my Berea Cigar pens from Arizona Silhouette and Woodcraft and have never had to drill anything out; they all fit perfectly. I have never tried a PSI Cigar though so those may be different.

GK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom