Gel / ink Convertables?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Paul Downes

So far the only pens I have seen that will take either an ink cartridge or gel cartridge are those kits that take the parker style ink cartridge. Is there a conversion out there to use a gel or ink in the baron kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ldb2000

The flat out answer is ... No
The Barons use a "Rollerball cartridge" and the Parker style is a "Ballpoint cartridge".
However that being said you could make a conversion for them by putting a ballpoint spring in the grip assy and adding a plug in the body of the lower barrel .
I did this for a customer that loves the way the Fisher space cartridge writes but wanted it in a "Rollerball" style pen

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Gel was introduced to compete with the success of rollerballs.

The characteristics of the two are very similar, if not identical.

So, WHY???

PenWorks

You can use a Pilot gel G2 refill to replace the standard Scmidt 5888 or Hauser brand refills that come with your pens.
The G2 replaces the roller ball refill with the same fit and no modifications.
Here is a link. G2 refills

Paul Downes

Hey Anthony, Take me to cartridge school if you will.

What this Lawyer customer wants is a baron pen with an ink cartridge in it - I suspect for pressing hard on duplicate documents. I thought that the gell cells and the rollerballs were the same, with a parker style ink cartridge being something different.

It seems to me that you can order ink/gell/ rollerballs with different kinds of ink in them.....and it gets a little confusing for a poor Irishman like myself. I just haven't taken the time to buy the different types and sort it out.

What is the 'airplane safe' ink cartridge? It wouldn't be very nice to have a lawyer customer have a pen puke all over his Armani suit at 30,000 ft. :D Though I confess it might give my Irish funny bone some exercise.

I am planning on giving a sales pitch to this same customer for a fountain pen with noodlers bullet proof ink. (Blue ink) for legal reasons.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I learned with copiers: NEVER sell to lawyers, they can sue you and it's FREE for them, big FEE for you!!! BAD equation.

PenWorks

If someone asked me for an ink cartridge, I would assume he wanted a ink cartridge refill for a fountain pen.
I would ask him what he prefers, gel, roller ball or ball pen refill? All three are different ink systems, the roller and gel being more simular. I have not tried to find a ball pen refill for a Baron. Ball pens are more of the Parker style and Cross style. The roller and gels are more common and the more requested. AIrplane safe per Pilot, "eliminates leakage, due to air pressure changes"

As with Ed, I would include a disclaimer in you pen box, stating "ink causes staining, seller is not responsible for ink stains"

Top Bottom