Gel fills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

workinforwood

I was on a real roll today after work, dropped a couple hundred in pens just selling door to door, then whammo...customer hit me with a question I couldn't answer. I wasn't sure what he was talking about at first, I thought he was saying the nib was too small, but then realized it was the ball in the gel fill that was too small. So I lost a sale, but maybe only temporarily. He seemed to love my pens otherwise. He was showing me his Sam's Club pens, they are 1.0 mm ball on the end and I see what he's talking about, because that pen leaves an awesome line like a fountain pen, yet you can still feel the paper too. And then on top of it all, being a lawyer, he wants blue. The gel ball in my pens seems by my guess maybe .2 mil. I disassembled his pen and his refills don't fit in my pens. His refill is longer in the tube section and the metal pointed part is shorter. Can I buy 1mm gel refills that are the shmidt ones that are in my pens and can I get them in different colors? Where can I tell people to go get more refills too? I've been saying any staples, office max whatever, even the truck stops have refills, and I know that is all true, but do they have these? If so, I'll go wherever you recommend, buy a couple and set them aside, so I can sell him a pen and have answers for in the future that I can guarantee to a customer. I can't be telling people lies, that's not going to work for too long.

Also, he was talking about parker fills. Just the regular ink ones..he was saying they used to make 1 mm parker refills and now they don't, is this true, or is it just that they don't sell them in the office stores?

maxwell_smart007

Lead Moderator
Staff member
middle of nowhere in the great, white North
I did a quick search, and found a Medium tip Schmidt...the fine tip was listed as having a .6mm tip, so the medium should be close to the size you're looking for..

I have no idea if it works with your pen, but this was just a quick internet search.

http://www.yafaoutlet.com/88815.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom