Gauging Interest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

jcollazo

I'm planning on expanding my product line from just mandrel rods and delrin strips. Is there any interest in any of the following:

Delrin Strips - 4"x4"
Delrin Rods - 1/2" - 3/4"

Polycarbonate Rods (Black) - 1/2" - 3/4"
Polycarbonate Sheets - 1/16"

Acrylic Strips (.118) - 1"x6" White/Blue/Green/Red/Yellow/Black
Acrylic Sheets (.118) - 6"x6" White/Blue/Green/Red/Yellow/Black

6061 Aluminum Pen Blanks (Round) - 1/2" - 3/4"

Dowel Stock - Various Species - 3/4" - 1-1/4"

Any other items you'd like to see? No promises.:D

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

I'd be interested in dowel stock (depending on the species and size), big diameter delrin rods, big diameter polycarbonate rods, and possibly the aluminum blanks - at least for now! [:D]

jcollazo

Dario - Minimum size is .01" up to ???? What size are you looking for? I'd be able to get up to an inch or two pretty easily. Same goes for the Delrin rods.

Dario

I want thin strip...ideally about 0.05" thick but 1/32" to 1/16" (or about 0.03 to 0.06") will be acceptable.

I plan to use it as spacer on my bushings (between bushing and wood) so any color will do but I would prefer yellow, orange, red or white if available for visibility.

Thanks!

jcollazo

Dario - I can get delrin in .04" and .06". .05" would be made of UHMW. White is no problem.

Chuckie - The delrin rods I've purchased before have not had anything printed on them other than the occasion SKU# sticker. Tubes I can get. Just let me know what you are looking for.

Also, I won't have these on sale until about 5/26.

mdburn_em

I would be interested in the Delrin sheets and rods. I'm interested in the acrylic strips and sheets...although I don't quite know what I will do with them yet.

jcollazo

Polarbear - Delrin (Acetal), simply put, is a plastic polymer that you may have seen used as cutting boards. Nothing permanently sticks to it. We use it for making bushings and spacers, mixing rods, and who knows what else. It's very easy to work with, but it leaves your lathe looking like it was just snowed on[:D]. It also cleans up easily.

Mark - Colored centerbands and accents are what I was thinking for the acrylics. How about a flourescent orange pen with one of the space cartridges in it to use in wet environments?

Panini - You can just PM me for the mandrel rods. Hey... didn't I just send you some?

leehljp

Member Liaison
How quick will these be available? Rods, flat sheets of .06 etc? I am in the states for 4 weeks and would love to take advantage of this so that I could take this back to Japan with me.

jcollazo

Note to Polarbear1 - I picked up some delrin rods this morning for a different project and they were marked "Quantum Engineering Products Delrin 150E" then the size and a QC#. I hope that answers your question better than my original answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom