Gatsby Pen Assembly Issue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

rodehmen

After assembling the Gatsby V2 pen, I cannot get the mechanism to work correctly, so have to just leave the pen tip out. When I screw the top mechanism in all the way, the tip goes out 3/8 of an inch and won't retract. I see a thread in December where someone had the same issue. There were about 10 responses but no resolution. Since then, has anyone figured out how to get the mechanism to work with the Gatsby? Also, anyone have any luck in getting a credit from PSI where I bought the 3 pack kit? Sounds like the Gatsby V2 has a design flaw. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Rod Ehmen

areaman

I have assymbled a couple of Gatsby pens and have had no problems with them. Sorry this isn't any help, but was just wondering if you had a bad transmission. I have called PSI before with problems and got new kits sent without any problems. I would suggest calling them.

nava1uni

I would call and speak with a customer representative at PSI. I have found them very helpful in replacing or refunding any piece that does not function properly. You may just have a bad few pieces. I am sure that they would want to know so that they can
rectify the problem and contact the manufacturer.

Rangertrek

Yep!

Yes I had the same problem, lost a Texas laser cut flag kit because of the *$##8 transmission on this pen.

My prior post on the subject.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=54781&highlight=gatsby+v2

I sent mine back to PSI, they gave me a credit for the kits and finally got a credit for the laser kit (not theirs). Did not pay me for lost time or sale on the pen. The tech staff said the "problem had been fixed". ?? Maybe not.

They also said they fixed my pen and mailed it to me. That was mid December, still looking for it.

I wont buy any of these kits, I will use a Sierra. They have all worked for me.

Just another small disappointment with PSI.

Top Bottom