Gatsby Clicker Problem

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Wright

I've assembled Wall St. ll clicker pens with no trouble at all. Both A and B kits. Thought I would try the Gatsby clicker. After following the instructions to the T and after assembly I could not get the clicker to work even after taking it back apart several times. Spent an hour trying to get it to click and never did get it to work. Has anyone ever had a problem with them? I bought 5 Gatsby kits from PSI.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I've assembled Wall St. ll clicker pens with no trouble at all. Both A and B kits. Thought I would try the Gatsby clicker. After following the instructions to the T and after assembly I could not get the clicker to work even after taking it back apart several times. Spent an hour trying to get it to click and never did get it to work. Has anyone ever had a problem with them? I bought 5 Gatsby kits from PSI.
If there is a 3 piece clicker mechanism the plastic housing for the clicker mechanism must be tight in the cap....put a spot of glue on it before pushing it into the cap....let it dry and then assemble the clicker mechanism.. In any case make sure the click housing is tight in the cap --- what happens is when you push the button the clicker turns and the cap stays stationary. On every other push there is a rib in the housing that aligns with a slot in the mechanism so when you release the button the pen will either stay extended or retract depending on how they are lined up. If the housing is loose in the cap it will turn with the mechanism and the tip will never stay extended.

Last edited:

Wright

Thanks so much LeRoy for your reply. That was it, the click assembly was loose in the cap. A little CA fixed it. Again, thanks for the tip.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Thanks so much LeRoy for your reply. That was it, the click assembly was loose in the cap. A little CA fixed it. Again, thanks for the tip.
You are more than welcome....I have seen that as the only failure with my own clicker's and was pretty sure theirs would be similar even though the mechanism might be a tad different.

Top Bottom