Funny kit parts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
It appears to me that, our kit makers in Taiwan may have quite a sense of humor. :biggrin: These two parts were pressed together backwards. They are the front end of a bolt action kit. This is the first one I've made so...I don't know if this is the way they are shipped. It just struck me kind of funny when I looked at them. I got a transfer punch and separated them. Just had to get a picture first and, share it here.

I suppose we all need a little something to break up the rigors of a hard day at work. Why not a little humor? This is only my point of view. But I like it :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMG_1655.jpg
    IMG_1655.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 305
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Skie_M

lol ... yeah, they pressed that backwards.

Just goes to show you I was right about those bullet tips being press fit ... the very tip itself screws on and off to access the refill, as normal for these types.

stonepecker

Definitely not the way they are *supposed* to be shipped. . I have never found *that* in the 100 or so kits of that type that I have assembled !!! :biggrin:

Never seen that in any of the ones that I have done either!

Chuck, that is a challenge to you to use the parts as you recieved them. I believe it is called 'a chance at design' ..... :biggrin: I personally haven't a clue how that happened but the way some kits are packaged, I can see things shifting into place just right and then getting stuck together in time.

Now that you fixed the problem Chuck.....How about posting the finished pen? :rolleyes::wink: You know the saying here. "Without pictures, it didn't happen." :peace::giggle::coffee:

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Definitely not the way they are *supposed* to be shipped. . I have never found *that* in the 100 or so kits of that type that I have assembled !!! :biggrin:

Never seen that in any of the ones that I have done either!

Chuck, that is a challenge to you to use the parts as you recieved them. I believe it is called 'a chance at design' ..... :biggrin: I personally haven't a clue how that happened but the way some kits are packaged, I can see things shifting into place just right and then getting stuck together in time.

Now that you fixed the problem Chuck.....How about posting the finished pen? :rolleyes::wink: You know the saying here. "Without pictures, it didn't happen." :peace::giggle::coffee:
That's a challenge alright. But not for me. You did see that I said I separated them with a transfer punch? I used a hammer on the punch. They didn't just come together in packaging :biggrin: Anyway...the pen isn't done yet. Not even sanded yet. I'm letting it harden :rolleyes::biggrin: There will be photos. I know MOST of the rules around here :biggrin:

And here I was hoping to see a funny pen. Thought it was a new kit. :biggrin:
Mislead you. Didn't I? :biggrin:

So you got the one that was made on Friday evening right before quitting time.
I believe you are close. :wink: Could have been made on a Monday morning

Top Bottom