For fun, pick my pen kits

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DLGunn

I was in the shop earlier pairing up some blanks and kits. I ended up not being able to find what was a suitable match for these 3 blanks. All 3 are nice blanks and I think could make some nice pens. So I thought for fun, I would get input from you fine folks and let you pick out a kit for each blank.

The guidelines:
  • Would like to buy all 3 kits from one place (not a must)
  • Would prefer 3 different kits, or at least 3 different finishes
  • Max of $20 per kit
  • Any of our vendors are free to provide input. I trust our vendors and if they suggest kits I like, I will be happy to purchase them

Once I decide on the kits, I will order them, and then post it here. Then I will post the finished pens. I hope this is a fun idea for the rest of you. It seems interesting to me.

See pics of the blanks below.

Thanks,
dlg

blank 1 side 1
blank%201%20side%201_zpspch1uqtk.jpg

blank 1 side 2
blank%201%20side%202_zpshpw2tr9b.jpg

blank 1 side 3
blank%201%20side%203_zpsuss1cieh.jpg

blank 1 side 4
blank%201%20side%204_zpslmr2hmnk.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DLGunn

blank 2 side 1
blank%202%20side%201_zpsamr0pdd8.jpg

blank 2 side 2
blank%202%20side%202_zpsih1bd0sc.jpg

blank 2 side 3
blank%202%20side%203_zpsyqz9bcle.jpg

blank 2 side 4
blank%202%20side%204_zpsm9yr7zft.jpg

blank 3 side 1
blank%203%20side%201_zpsuay3eyyj.jpg

blank 3 side 2
blank%203%20side%202_zpsujcphln1.jpg

blank 3 side 3
blank%203%20side%203_zpshk1qfeha.jpg

blank 3 side 4
blank%203%20side%204_zpsicoa2p9b.jpg

plantman

Dig; Almost any kit with a 24k gold finish to bring out the grain will work to your best advantage. Larger size kits would allow more grain to show. PSI Vertex Supreme magnetic in Gold and Chrome would be my first pick. Staying with PSI, the Traditional in Gold would be next. If you want to spend a little more money, the Majestic Roller Ball in Rhodium & black T/N makes a smart looking pen also. All three kits are 10 mm or larger, and can be had for less than your $60 allowance. Don't waste that grain on a smaller size or less expensive pen kit !!! Jim S

Last edited:

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I would suggest my own new Version Caballero Rollerball..I think silver color (Chrome) will go as well as anything but I have Gold Tn and shortly will have a great Gun metal....Somwhat less costly than than the Vertex Supreme and showing plenty of wood.

jeff

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't that advertisement?

This is a tasteful response to a direct question and it's within the rules as I interpret them. There are no links, no prices, and nothing I would consider to be in-your-face advertising.

From The Rules
The intent of these rules is two-fold: 1) to allow you reference your products in forum discussions, without encouraging threads to turn into billboards for competing products or back-and-forth jabs between vendors, and 2) to limit the amount of blatant advertising occurring outside the classified forums, while enabling members to get helpful answers to their questions about products directly from the source.

Furthermore, please don't take it upon yourself to police the forum in public. It does nothing except create unnecessary squabbling. Hit the yellow triangle, which you did, and someone (usually me for marketing type issues) will respond.

Thank you

BSea

The bottom blank looks like Afzalia Xlay. I'd probably go with THIS. I know it's more than $20, but I think the black Ti & gold would really set it off. I can't find another black ti/gold combination. If there is something similar, I'd certaqinly look at it too.

For the other two, I'd go with any gold TI kit that you like. Or even Gold ti & Rhodium. Or for the 2nd one Black TI & Rhodium.

That clear it up any? :confused:

Last edited:
Top Bottom