This is frustrating

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

kf4knf

So, normally I order my kits through PSI or Woodturningz... I like some of the kits in the Berea cat. How do you know what bushings are compatible with various kits of another brand? Does a chart exist?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

vick

Bushings are not compatible for the different companies with the exception of the slim line and maybe the cigar. If you change manufacturers you need ot buy new bushings.

Not trying to be quarrelsome, but some kits do have interchangable bushings. The Baron from AZ Silhouette and the Navigator from Woodcraft are the same kit. I have also been told a "cigar expert" that all cigar kits are the same regardless of manufacturer. I seem to recall a comparison chart on the yahoo group website in the files section.

Brian

vick

Originally posted by FireMedic4Christ
<br />Not trying to be quarrelsome, but some kits do have interchangable bushings. The Baron from AZ Silhouette and the Navigator from Woodcraft are the same kit. I have also been told a "cigar expert" that all cigar kits are the same regardless of manufacturer. I seem to recall a comparison chart on the yahoo group website in the files section.

Brian
Brian you are right I probable should have used the word manufacturers instead of companies. I was not talking about different resellers but the 3 manufacturers PSI, CSU, and Berea bushings are not compatable except for the exceptions I noted.

Randy_

Not exactly what you were asking; but worthy of mentioning. Do take note that any Berea bushing with a number like "xxB" can only be used on the Berea "B" mandrel or equivalent. They will not work on 7 mm mandrels.

arioux

I have turn every one (PSI, BEREA, CSU, and Wood pen pro) cigars kit with the same set of bushing. My guess is that all the 7mm euro will be the same too, but this one i still have to try. Should not be long since i have the 3 major manufacturer 7mm euro kits.

Dario

Steve,

Yes, it is very frustrating. I went through that SHOCK after I graduated from doing nothing but 7mm kits (slimline and Euro). I was merry with one bit, one mandrel and 2 bushing sets.

Now I have 5 mandrels, more than 10 bushings and lots of drill bits (got so frustrated I ended buying a set too, now I have duplicate bits of the most used ones). Oh I also bought several live centers and dead centers (for an experiment).

On the end of the day, you will have to succumb if you want to try the better kits. [;)] As the BORG (StarTrek) says..."Resistance is futile"

Only comfort I can give you is that you will adjust and find a system where all will work harmoniously...AGAIN [:D].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom