FreedomPens.org

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Two months and counting...

Yes, it's two months until Veterans Day and it's given me pause. I'm not sure how many of you have visited the freedompens.org site or how many of you have contributed. I don't know how many plan to participate at a local Woodcraft store on Veterans Day by turn a few pens. I just want to ask each of you to consider contributing one (or more) of your creations to this group. It's not about the President. It's not about political parties. It's not about the war. It's about showing our troops, those who have chosen to defend our way of life, that we think about them...always. I could write paragraphs of sentiment, but it's not about me. It's about them. If you have a significant other, a friend, a child, a sibling who you can also show how to turn a piece of wood, help them contribute. Maybe we can all feel good for having said a collective thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

tipusnr

I have received my pen kits from the Freedom Pen organization and hope to finish and return the pens within the month. My turning club has just sent in a box done at the club picnic this summer and is working with Woodcraft on a future turning event that I hope to participate in. As a retired Navy member with several relatives in uniform I appreciate the tons of work that turners and non-turners alike have contributed.

low_48

DC, I'm up to 150 pens for the "cause". It appears that kits are getting a little scarce. The Peoria Woodcraft seems to be having trouble getting them. Is this a common situation? I asked for 100 kits and they would only ship 20 kits from the National Group.
They are done, but have turned them in to our Woodcraft for the mass shipping. Any idea how I could get another 100 kits? I'm not excited about buying them, I think my labor and wood is an adequate contribution.
Thanks, Rich

Originally posted by DCBluesman
<br />Two months and counting...

Yes, it's two months until Veterans Day and it's given me pause. I'm not sure how many of you have visited the freedompens.org site or how many of you have contributed. I don't know how many plan to participate at a local Woodcraft store on Veterans Day by turn a few pens. I just want to ask each of you to consider contributing one (or more) of your creations to this group. It's not about the President. It's not about political parties. It's not about the war. It's about showing our troops, those who have chosen to defend our way of life, that we think about them...always. I could write paragraphs of sentiment, but it's not about me. It's about them. If you have a significant other, a friend, a child, a sibling who you can also show how to turn a piece of wood, help them contribute. Maybe we can all feel good for having said a collective thanks.

smoky10

I have just completed my third group of twenty pens and sent them in. I made pens of various woods including walnut, maple, mohogany, cheery, and others. I also made some of corian.
Rich, if you got the pens from the Freedom Pen Project I think you should have turned them into them directly so the can keep track of what they give out and take in. These kits that we get free costs them and they have to account for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom