free wind power

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

nwcatman

i live outside corpus christi tx and we are in the middle of a hurricane (dolly) right now. somebody needs to come up w/a way to power my lathe by windpower quick. my lectric bills are killing me.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dario

After setting up your wind power generator...eat more beans and you will have a sustainable power source :eek:

Sorry can't resist this one after reading your signature ROFLMAO. :D :p

nwcatman

After setting up your wind power generator...eat more beans and you will have a sustainable power source :eek:

Sorry can't resist this one after reading your signature ROFLMAO. :D :p

tried that and now the neighbors are complaining. just can't win!

Paul Downes

sure nuf

It would be possible to power yer lathe with wind. You would have to engineer a speed controling device so that you don't have to turn at 30,000rpm. Heck at them speeds the wood would blow up. You might even think of connecting up an old truck rear-end as a lathe. You could have 2 of them !!! one for each axle!!! You might want to have an auxiliary donkey power take off so you can turn when the wind dies. Off course, If you accomplished all this we would have to see some pictures and you would have to change yer handle to cobble-up-man! Tie yer hat on if you go outside, good luck.

nwcatman

paul- donkey said ferget the hurricane. said if i feed him the beans he would be so powerful he would "break the the wind". or "break wind". or something like that.

M

monkeynutz

I had "free" wind power for 18 years (that's how long I was married to her). :D It wasn't worth it. I'll pay for my electric from here on out, thank you.

Top Bottom