FP Ink Pump Instructions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKF

I would like to include instructions for the ink pump that came with the Retro kit from CSUSA....Anyone know of where there are some easy, basic intructions that I can include with the pen at time of sale?

holmqer

Local Chapter Leader
Richard Binder has a decent writeup on his site for all the various filler mechanisms

http://www.richardspens.com/ref_info/fillers.htm#piston

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Why take the chance of copyright issues.

Write your own instructions!!!

"Turn knob on top, see the little black plunger go up and down? Get it to the "down" position, stick nib in ink, turn knob counterclockwise. See ink coming in? When ink is up to top, STOP! Reassemble pen.

EXCELLENT!!!!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ed, are those instructions copyright protected? [:D] BTW, you can also choose to remove the ink pump from the nib before filling to avoid getting the nib covered in ink. (This suggestion is in the public domain and can be used without any legal recourse.) [:D][;)]

Oops, almost forgot. Remember to put the ink pump back on the nib prior to reassembly. [:I]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Hey Cav,

I have always told people NOT to take the pump off, on the theory that the device that punctures the pump chamber (that comes from the nib) will push back the plastic and seal the "Junction". When you take off the nib, the plastic that WAS pierced will be relocated and may NOT seal properly if you reinstall the nib.

As one who NEVER uses a fountain pen - I am most ready to accept correction!!! Can you take the pump off and on without it developing leaks???[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Oh, the instructions ARE copyright protected. If you wish to use them, just mail me a check for a couple hundred bucks and you may use the information for 30 days. Then, another couple hundred will buy another month, or so - I think I like this "technical writing" business!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by DKF
<br />Thank you all for the info....I will take all that I have learned here today and write my own instructions![:D]

<b>DON'T USE MY WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b>

Tongue firmly planted in cheek!!!

wdcav1952

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Hey Cav,

I have always told people NOT to take the pump off, on the theory that the device that punctures the pump chamber (that comes from the nib) will push back the plastic and seal the "Junction". When you take off the nib, the plastic that WAS pierced will be relocated and may NOT seal properly if you reinstall the nib.

As one who NEVER uses a fountain pen - I am most ready to accept correction!!! Can you take the pump off and on without it developing leaks???[:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

Ed, please understand that I am not affliated with any ink convertor (pump) manufacturers. The opinions expressed are mine, and are not intended to convert [:0] anyone to my way of refilling ink convertors. Yes, I take the convertor off and on without problems. Of course, I am likely far more coordinated than you, and that should be taken into account! [:D][;)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Cav,

BELIEVE ME, I WOULD WANT MY DENTAL WORK PERFORMED BY SOMEONE <b>FAR MORE DEXTEROUS </b>THAN I.

And, there is little danger that I will start using fountain pens, as I prefer my shirts stay their existing color.[:0][:0][:0]

mick

<br />Cav,

BELIEVE ME, I WOULD WANT MY DENTAL WORK PERFORMED BY SOMEONE <b>FAR MORE DEXTEROUS </b>THAN I.

And, there is little danger that I will start using fountain pens, as <b>I prefer my shirts stay their existing color.[:</b>0][:0][:0]

Ed you surprise me....the answer's very simple. Wear ink colored shirts! [:D][:D]

Firefyter-emt

Um, Ed... there is not a "seal" to poke a hole in with the converters. The cheap ones have a ball inside to seal (or spray ink on you if you empty it out) but there is no seals to break. I always fill just with the converter because it keeps the build up of dried ink down. The only down side is some bottles get hard to fill when they get low. I transfer the ink into one of those bottles from Pear Tree Pens when it gets low enough to make it hard to fill.

I always suggest to fill with just the ink pump as it is cleaner and IMHO faster.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Don,

I am duly flattered!!

And, thanks for the thread - I learned a couple things!!! Thank you, Cav and Firefyter!!!

M

Mudder

Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br /> Of course, I am likely far more coordinated than you, and that should be taken into account! [:D][;)]

Ed,

I think you've just been "taken down a peg or two"!

Good one Cav, you must have thunked of this one before you hit the nitrous? Or does it sharpen your wit?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Given Mr. Cavenaugh is much my junior, and that he is engaged in a profession wherein his small motor skills are required daily, I am certainly willing to concede to his dexterity.

However, if he would like to engage in a short game of table tennis, I believe I would be willing to put a small wager, if he spots me just as many points as the difference in our chronological advancement!!!

Perhaps a Cnote to start???????

M

Mudder

<br />Given Mr. Cavenaugh is much my junior, and that he is engaged in a profession wherein his small motor skills are required daily, I am certainly willing to concede to his dexterity.

However, if he would like to engage in a short game of table tennis, I believe I would be willing to put a small wager, if he spots me just as many points as the difference in our chronological advancement!!!

Perhaps a Cnote to start???????

So what are we to believe Mr. Brown?

Either you are a table tennis master of you happen to be 21 years older than Cav and therefore would be an automatic winner if points were spotted in age difference.

IPD_Mrs

Folks please be aware if you are going to get into a battle of "wits" with Mr. Brown, you are subject to the rules and regulations of the Americans With Disabilities Act.

Mike

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
AAAAAAHHHHHHHhhhhhhhh, Mr. Mudder has grasped the obvious!!

The table tennis requires fast reflexes and manual dexterity, I'm sure you will agree.

Except in tournament table tennis, the Game is 11. I take very FEW chances when I bet!

M

Mudder

Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking
<br />Folks please be aware if you are going to get into a battle of "wits" with Mr. Brown, you are subject to the rules and regulations of the Americans With Disabilities Act.

Mike

Dang Ed,

Mikey just come out of left field and cut you off at the knees.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I presumed he meant I was spotting you whatever help you needed.

I am confident he is unwilling to take the position that I need assistance!![:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

(smilies are still lame!)

M

Mudder

<br />I presumed he meant I was spotting you whatever help you needed.

I am confident he is unwilling to take the position that I need assistance!![:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0][:0]

(smilies are still lame!)

Of course Ed,

I guess language comprehension is not one of skills you were taught at school.[8D]

IPD_Mrs

Let me look back......

Yep that says Mr. Brown, not Mudder or Scott, then again using Mikey might get him on the short list! [:p]

(for Ed [:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)])

M

Mudder

<br />Let me look back......

Yep that says Mr. Brown, not Mudder or Scott, then again using Mikey might get him on the short list! [:p]

(for Ed [:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)][:D][:)])

Hey Ed......................

Neener, Neener, Neener! [:p]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
<br />Folks please be aware if you are going to get into a battle of "wits" with Mr. Brown, you are subject to the rules and regulations of the Americans With Disabilities Act.
Mike

This clearly indicates that Mr. Brown is not subject to such rules, only those engaging him in a "battle of 'wits'".

Again, happy to help you with the language - it is MY native tongue!! I have chosen to attempt to master it.

These lessons ARE granted without charge!!!![:)][:)][:)][:p][:p][:p][:p]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Sorry I can't diagram the sentence for you, but the graphics involved would not respond well to the limitations of the forum.

If this keeps up, we could ask Jeff to install a simple "sentence diagramming" program!!!!

THAT COULD BE REAL FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1[xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(][xx(]

IPD_Mrs

Ed,
I do realize that being a cheese head that you are a little slower than most, but you need to understand that a disabled person is not the one subeject to A.D.A. rules, the person ATTEMPTING to engage them is.

He must have forgot why they called him Special Ed. in school.[:0]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
<br />Ed,
I do realize that being a cheese head that you are a little slower than most, but you need to understand that a disabled person is not the one subeject to A.D.A. rules, the person ATTEMPTING to engage them is.

One of those requirements would be to provide an elevator, should it be desired, to go to a higher level. So, I will be waiting at that higher level. You are welcome to use the elevator, if you find it helpful!!![:(][:(][:(]

IPD_Mrs

I used the word attempting on purpose. You see not all Special Eds have abetter half reading over their should explaining things or telling them what to write!!! [:eek:)]

Dawn is a great lady to be nurturing and caring for you. [:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
<br />I used the word attempting on purpose. You see not all Special Eds have abetter half reading over their should explaining things or telling them what to write!!! [:eek:)]

Dawn is a great lady to be nurturing and caring for you. [:)]

Dawn says the word is SHOULDER!!!!!

If you'd like to borrow her, all of November is available!!!
(NINETEEN SHOW DATES!!)[xx(][xx(][xx(]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Somebody want to splash a little water on Mike, I believe he fainted when he saw 19 opportunities to be of assistance to the wee lass!!!

IPD_Mrs

Nah I was just busy at work and couldn't respond. I already have one of those over the SHOULDER assistants and wouldn't dream of replacing her. (obviously I did not have mine handy when I typed that) [8] Then again if she knows how to work a router station and clean out the dust collector then send her on over!!![:0]

Firefyter-emt

wthread.gif

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Oh, she's GREAT with the router station.

How are you at unloading and loading a 2 ton display?????

Oh, and setting it up would be helpful, too!

Oh, and you can drive for 6-7 hours without getting groggy, can't you?

Oh, and the show hours start at 9, you need to be there at 7 am, but its over early (9 PM).

But Sunday, the show ends at FIVE!!!!!!! Then, six hours later you can START the trip home - see 6 hours driving question.

If you'd like the job, the application form is VERY simple!!!!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
uh-oh, Lee found a COOL smiley!!!!

Good job, Lee.

It's about instructions for filling a pen converter - can't you read!!!!

wdcav1952

Now let me get this straight, are we still talking about ink convertors and the plastic thingy that gets punched out when you use an ink cartridge?

I got lost when Ed said I only have small motor skills!! Then, I almost got straightened out when he asked me to spot him 20 points in a table tennis game. I am soooooooooo confused. Hell, I didn't even know emoticons could talk! [:I][;)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom