FP Converters

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

PenWorks

I just got a new batch of kits from CSU and noticed that the Jr. Statesmen shipped with a converter, the Statesmen & Jr Gent did not. Just thought you would like to know what seems to be coming down the pipe. This photo shows from top to bottom.

Premium Schmidt
CSU convertoer
Brea converter

2007219182031_converter.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

So what's your opinion of the converters they're supplying? Based on the metal they should be better than the Berea but not as good as the Schmidt?

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I don't sell many fountain pens.

Does the Berea fail? It's the only one I have ever had and none have been returned, but I don't sell many fountain pens!!!

Did I mention I don't sell many fountain pens???[B)][B)]

Anybody wanna buy a fountain pen???

PenWorks

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />So what's your opinion of the converters they're supplying? Based on the metal they should be better than the Berea but not as good as the Schmidt?

I would think it would be marginally better. The good thing about the premium converter is the beefy front end. The better grip section that goes into the feed. It is a tight fit with less chance of sucking air. After several pulls on and off, the unsupported front end of the other converters get loosy goosy. JMO

wicook

Hey folks...not to hijack the thread, but this question is about converters...

I bought a converter (Waterman) at a local stationery store, but it doesn't work worth a darn! I can get a few lines out of it, then it seems to develop an airlock in the converter. However, when I use the Berea converter that came with my El Grande kit, I don't get the airlock. Any idea whether the Schmidt would give the same result as the Waterman converter?

Firefyter-emt

Bill, the Schmidtt ones are far better than the cheap Brera ones. I also have one that came with a Churchill kit that failed the plunger is stuck and I can't move it. Not a big deal because I replace mine with the better Schmidtt ones. They also fill better if you go right to the bottle with the converter. It has to do with how you can hold them. The new ones look interesting, I would like the see them in the Berea kits myself.

Paul Downes

A friend of mine is using one of my FP's and he tells me he sucks the ink up through the nib, leaving the converter in the pen. It sounds rather messy to me, but that would make the conveter last longer.

arioux

Originally posted by wicook
<br />Looks like I need to place an order for some Schmidts...too bad I haven't found a Canadian supplier... [:(]

Bill,

Write to Williams at penblanks.ca, he sells all the Berea kit abd stuff, he surely can get you the premium converter.

Alfred

Sylvanite

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />...the Jr. Statesmen shipped with a converter, the Statesmen & Jr Gent did not.

Odd, in my last CSUSA order, the Jr. Gentleman fountain pens came with the converter - the Gentleman, Statesman, and Jr. Statesman pens did not. I figured it was to compete with the Baron, which comes with a converter.

I also noticed that some of the converters came with a metal band (as pictured) and some did not.

Regards,
Eric

PenWorks

Ed, I ussually have them in stock, I sell them for 6 for $25.00 or 12 for $40.00
Both prices include Paypal & shipping. Just send me a PM.

I would guess 30% of my sales are FP.

Paul, most people do just dip the nib in ink and suck through the converter.
There are a couple of neet filling systems out there as well.
Something to check out, is the Visconti traveling ink pot & the Stipula Netto system.

PenWorks

Originally posted by Sylvanite
<br />
Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />...the Jr. Statesmen shipped with a converter, the Statesmen & Jr Gent did not.

Odd, in my last CSUSA order, the Jr. Gentleman fountain pens came with the converter - the Gentleman, Statesman, and Jr. Statesman pens did not.

Regards,
Eric

Eric, I assume they are cycling threw old and new stock, maybe all FP from them will ship with a converter some day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom