Fountian pen nibs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RDH79

Hi everyone,As I posted last week I am going to make some fp's.Some of the advise was to change the nibs. I thought I would change one to a Heritance 18K Gold Nib.To have a high end FP. And a couple others I was wondering if the Heritance 1SF Steel Nib was better than the nibs that come with the kits (Jr Retro And Jr gents) Thanks Rich H.

This question maybe should have been in the fountian Pan section??????

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ngeb528

Most definitely better! I just made a fountain pen for myself and Lou's steel nib is sweet. It writes so smooth you won't believe it.

CSue

Local Chapter Leader
You becha booties!

I found a customer (once) decide to take a FP of a color he wasn;t particularly fond of because I had Lou's Steel nib in that one and not in the FP he really wanted. I'd forgotten to change out the nib. OF COURSE I changed the nib for him.

Makes a difference!

mcomeau

I haven't written with one of Lou's nibs, but I have a Gent that I just made and use with pelikan ink and Rhodia paper! Writes like a dream!!!

Matt

fafow

I have one customer who is a FP collector and he loves Lou's SF nibs. I made another FP for another person who has a number of Mont Blanc FPs and at first his eyes lit up about the gold nib, but I told him to try the SF nib first. If he wasn't entirely happy with it then we could go to the gold nib and the extra cost. A month later he refused to swap it out for the gold. He said it was not as soft a feel, but it was more like driving a Ferarri, a little tighter but fast and easy. He loves the FP with the SF nib. You can't go wrong with Lou's nibs. He has the best around, and the wholesale price is great as well.

Top Bottom