Fountain pen refills

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

bmchan

I turned my first two weeks ago and I love using it. It is an El Grande from AZ. The cartridge is empty (that was fast!). I went to my local Staples and they had the wrong sizes. Are there other local outlets before I order online? What type/style refill is this considered?

BTW. These FP's get attention.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I've seen them at Office Depot. But, buy Private Reserve by the bottle and use the convertor that came with it. Bottled ink is much cheaper in the long run than cartridges.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I just learned this year that most of the readily-available cartridges DON'T fit!!

Best to let your customers know ordering from you is their best solution.

MaconDustt

Recently I was at an art supply store here in Denver CO. It is the largest and nicest store of it's kind in this area. Their supply of refills is HUGE. Probably six or eight times more than the OfficeMax near home. They even had a had a section for custom pens. Try an art store near you. Good Luck.

Brian

jeffj13

Waterman and Private Reserve cartridges will work. Waterman cartridges can be purchased at Staples. PR can be purchased here:

https://shop.peartreepens.com

jeff

mewell

Better yet, go to Hobby Lobby with their Sunday Paper's 40%off coupon that is usually there. They have 20 international cartridges in black ink for about $5. I've also had good luck with the Ebayer majus74 ... TONS of cartridges in LOTS of colors.

Also Guiry's Paint in the Denver/Boulder area has a great selection of inks both bottled and in cartridges.

Mark

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Jeff,

I tried Waterman in one of the styles (Baron, I think), they did NOT fit, for me. Is there more than one style of Waterman? Are you using a different pen body?? (Churchill or other??) What did I do wrong???[:(][:(][:(]

jeffj13

Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />Jeff,

I tried Waterman in one of the styles (Baron, I think), they did NOT fit, for me. Is there more than one style of Waterman? Are you using a different pen body?? (Churchill or other??) What did I do wrong???[:(][:(][:(]

Ed,

I have used the Waterman's with both Churchill's and Gentleman's. I don't have any experience with the Baron. The original post dealt with an El Grande, which I have been led to believe uses the same nib assembly as the Churchill, so it should work.

jeff

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks, Jeff.

I was really floored around Christmas when a customer called and said he could not find refills to fit his Baron. So, I bought every refill that MIGHT fit at Office Max and Office Depot (Not as many as it sounds, there is considerable overlap).

He was right, NONE fit. So, I appreciate any illumination on this subject!!

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Oh, Anthony then told me to use Private Reserve (I call Anthony any time I am LOST on Fountain pens - he knows everything, inky!)

HE was RIGHT! Private Reserve SEEMS to fit them all.[:D][:D]

bmchan

Thanks everyone. I ended up calling the arts supply store who referred me to the local tobacco store. They had MontBlanc (SP?) cartridges. I'll order the bottled ink online for later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom