fountain pen pump thingys

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ahoiberg

can anyone explain how exactly to use the optional pump cartridge thing that comes with baron fountain pens? there's a normal cartridge also that i could use but this other item intrigues me. [:p]

do you pierce it as you would a normal cartridge and then just fill it syringe style?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

You attach the converter just like a cartridge, insert the nib in a bottle of ink and turn the top of the converter. This draws ink into the converter. Wipe excess ink off the nib and section and write away. Using bottled ink is a lot cheaper than using cartridges.

ahoiberg

so you don't just fill up the pump, you actually connect it to the nib end and draw the ink through that? and i assume you can have fun with different colors this way too?? where do you buy your inks? i think i remember seeing an art store with a bunch of cool colors.

gerryr

DO NOT use any ink in a fountain pen that is not specifically fountain pen ink. Unless of course you enjoy flogging yourself.[:D]

jeffj13

Originally posted by gerryr
<br />DO NOT use any ink in a fountain pen that is not specifically fountain pen ink. Unless of course you enjoy flogging yourself.[:D]

What Gerry said.

If you are looking for ink, try here:

www.peartreepens.com

They have lots of differnet inks from several companies and they offer a sampling program.

jeff

Firefyter-emt

FWIW, I never fill thru the nib. I use the converter to suck up the ink and if th epen is fresh & clean I will "flush" some ink untill present on the nib. Once it there I blot off the nib and refill the converter. A standard refill does not need to be flushed. The way I look at it, it's not needed on this design pen unlike a bladder design and the cleaner the feeder is kept the better.

All you need to do is turn the plunger in and suck it up, simple as that.

Jerryconn

Originally posted by jeffj13
<br />
Originally posted by gerryr
<br />DO NOT use any ink in a fountain pen that is not specifically fountain pen ink. Unless of course you enjoy flogging yourself.[:D]

What Gerry said.

If you are looking for ink, try here:

www.peartreepens.com

They have lots of differnet inks from several companies and they offer a sampling program.

jeff

They also have a syringe to refill cartridges or pumps without having to dip the nib/feed or the pump in the ink.

Firefyter-emt

FYI, James is a great source for ink and where I buy mine. In fact, I have to order a rare bottle of Noodlers. I do not use it much, but I have been using a sample of Tiananmen red and I love it.
Now about the syringe, it's a waste for out converters. It takes a simple dab of a paper towel once you pull the converter out of the ink bottle. It's a waste of effort to use a syringe with these coverters as it's made for other ink pen designs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom