Fountain pen kits like Woodcraft Navigator

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

corgicoupe

I made one Navigator kit, and liked the smaller size but not the black threads that break the lines of the pen (to my eye). Has anyone found a similar size kit that is non postable, or one that has threads the same color as the finial?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The navigator is made by Berea and is sold under their name "Baron" by several resellers, including Exotics, as well as by Berea themselves. The sedona is built on the same frame and the Caballero is also very nearly a duplicate.

corgicoupe

I have made a number of Jr Gent II, and yes they have just a bit more girth than the Navigator. I will have a look at those alternatives. Thanks, Ed.

corgicoupe

The listings are not clear. I did see a chrome/chrome and a titanium gold/titanium gold that don't have the black threads, but the prices are $8 & $12, whereas the black titanium is $16. I can't imagine a 100% price jump for black titanium over chrome.

I see a rhodium fountain pen conversion, but no rhodium/rhodium kit listed. I would much prefer that over chrome or gold. I think all the kits I've used have been $20+ apiece, so I'd be hesitant about one under $10.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
The listings are not clear. I did see a chrome/chrome and a titanium gold/titanium gold that don't have the black threads, but the prices are $8 & $12, whereas the black titanium is $16. I can't imagine a 100% price jump for black titanium over chrome.

I see a rhodium fountain pen conversion, but no rhodium/rhodium kit listed. I would much prefer that over chrome or gold. I think all the kits I've used have been $20+ apiece, so I'd be hesitant about one under $10.

Pretty common for black ti to be twice chrome--see the Jr. Gent series!

We definitely will be adding pictures of other platings--I agree some are not at all clear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom