Fountain Pen Kit Less than 1/2" Diameter

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Does anyone know of a fountain pen kit that has a finished diameter of less than 1/2"? I thought the Stretch might, but that measures 33/64 tapered down to 31/64". I (meaning my customer) would like it less than 1/2" the entire length of the pen. Any suggestions?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mike,

The thinnest one I know of is the old Presidential or Executive (same diameter tubes--10mm I believe). It was a straight barrel, end to end. Could be kept right around .5", I would think.

Have hundreds of them in the shop, will send you one--its a rollerball, but we can easily convert, I think. The CSUSA replacement nibs screwed right in, IIRC.

Will check tonight.

After thinking about it a little, it would also be a pretty good closed end pen, so you could cheat a bit, make the hole "stepped" to accommodate just the size of the refill.

Last edited:

corian king

Hello The smallest I can think of would be the classic fountain pen.I checked a couple that i have just finished and they are right at 5/8. I don't think I could have gone any smaller.
Good luck!
JIM

BigShed

This one

http://www.timberbits.com/cigar-americana-fountain-pen-kits.html

and this one

http://www.timberbits.com/flat-top-americana-fountain-pens.html

David ships to the US and his service is very good.

Here is one of the Cigar Americans, the shorter of the 2

IMG_2300.jpg

IMG_2291.jpg

Last edited:

Old Lar

I have a customer that likes smaller fp's also. I use the roundtop from Ernie at Beartooth or the Traditional. Both are just at 1/2 inch.

Top Bottom