Fountain Pen Info?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fangar

I was wondering if one of our resident fountain pen experts might tell me the most appropriate way to store a filled fountain pen like a Baron. I am working on a design for a slightly different desk stand for a fountain, and was wondering if nib up is an acceptable way to display a finished pen. Or does it even matter?

Thanks in advance,

Fangar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PenWorks

Nib up works and is the prefeared way to store a FP. But it has to have a cap on it.
Without a cap, the ink on the nib dries. When you say store,as in how long? They say, if you are not going to use your pen for a 2 week period, it is best to empty and flush it out. I am real bad at that, because I ussually have about 10 inked pens at my desk and the ones I forget to use for a while, well it's not pretty.

Fangar

Originally posted by PenWorks
<br />Nib up works and is the prefeared way to store a FP. But it has to have a cap on it.
Without a cap, the ink on the nib dries. When you say store,as in how long? They say, if you are not going to use your pen for a 2 week period, it is best to empty and flush it out. I am real bad at that, because I ussually have about 10 inked pens at my desk and the ones I forget to use for a while, well it's not pretty.

Tanks Anthony. I was hoping you would give me some advice on that. Nib up is what I had figured. Not storage really, (Bad choice of words) as I meant like in a desk holder. The design I am working on will be nib up (Capped). Should be fairly easy to do. I will post some info when I get to it. I broke my Tool rest on my mini today, so I have to get out to my old man's machine shop to make a few new ones that I needed to make months ago.

Thanks again for the advice,

Fangar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom