Fountain pen help!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtoolsniper

This is my first attempt at a fountain pen. It’s a homebrew casting. The kit is a PSI “classic fountain PKPAR10FT. Not the best finish I have ever seen on the hardware but then I am learning and experimenting so no big loss. That being said on to the question.

I have an extra small brass tube with the kit and I have no clue as to what this is for. I am also not sure how to start the ink cartridge. It looks like I just push the tube onto the top of the nib end. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Roy

2007421141253_third%20attempt%20for%20web.jpg

mrcook4570

Originally posted by oldtoolsniper
<br /> I am also not sure how to start the ink cartridge. It looks like I just push the tube onto the top of the nib end. Any help would be appreciated.

Yep, that's basically it. Push until it is firmly seated. You may need to squeeze the cartridge to start the ink flow.

Mikey

Once the cartridge is pushed onto the nib, I would just rub the nib around on the paper just as you would do if writing and the ink will normally flow right away. At least this is what I have found with all my FPs I have made. With the converter, I was told to twist the ink back out just until it squirts out the nib. That has worked really well, but I find that sometimes the ink just starts to flow nice and smooth without any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom