Fountain Pen for calligraphy

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

I got an email from a potential customer today who wants a fountain pen with interchangeable nibs for calligraphy. Does anyone know if the CSUSA nibs are adequate for this? I believe Sheaffer makes a calligraphy set, but have no idea how good it is or whether I could buy one and reuse the parts.

I think it must be the season because I'm suddenly getting at least one inquiry a day through my website.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
None of the kit manufacurers make a fountain pen with interchangeable nibs. The CSUSA calligraphy nib is the only one we have available. Unless the money is exceptional, I wouldn't try to retrofit the Scheaffer kit.

bjackman

With the CSU nibs they could interchange between Calligraphy and regular nibs. The CSU calligraphy nib is about the same as the medium nib in the scheaffer sets. I have used it quite a bit and it has had decent flow and really smoothed out with use, since it is not tipped with harder material.

20061272508_calligraphy.jpg
<br />
Notice the line variation in the star between the horizontal and vertical lines, compared to no variation on the standard nib.

gerryr

His email specifically asked about a fountain pen and there aren't any pictures of dip pens on my website. I've asked him for more specific information.

PenWorks

If you made him a Baron/Jr, he could have a F,M.B,& 1.5 calligraphy nib.
that is being pretty interchangable. But you are limited to the black & 10K gold trim on them.

bob393

Not to hijack the thread but has anyone ever seen the inserts, holders, for the speedball or hunt type nibs for sale seperately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom