Fountain pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I would recommend the Jr. Gent (the original, not the II version). It makes a nice pen and is VERY affordable. One source is Smitty, here on IAP.

Next choice would be an Atrax. This allows you a "family" of products, if you want to make matching Rollerball and ballpoint. Also very affordable.

FWIW,
Ed

jmbaker79

No real suggestion on the first kit/ etc. they are all basically the same in design and function, and no different from a turning perspective. From what I understand, some kits dont allow for upgrading the nib, but I have yet to run into one. Typically most switch out the nib for a bock, or heritance, etc...maily for quality and presentation. Yet some here have no problem with a standard kit nib! Head over to the fountain pen network and do some reading, then do some more reading. There is a ton of info there, as well as here, not discounting the IAP for FP info! From tuning nibs, to pieces and parts. They can be pretty straight forward, to as complicated as you would like it to be! Depends on what all you are looking for in a fountain pen! I suggest making the first one for yourself to familiarize your self with how they work. Personally I prefer, and daily cary, a fountain pen over RB or BP.

OKLAHOMAN

In a 5MM nib I like the Jr. Gent ll , just not a fan of the 1 because of the platings and the black plastic male threads, but especially for a first time user the 6MM nibbed pens are in my estimation a much better beginning pen as the 6 MM nib will feel better when writing. Of the 6MM fountain pens at good prices are the Roman Harvest and Pristina.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
In a 5MM nib I like the Jr. Gent ll , just not a fan of the 1 because of the platings and the black plastic male threads, but especially for a first time user the 6MM nibbed pens are in my estimation a much better beginning pen as the 6 MM nib will feel better when writing. Of the 6MM fountain pens at good prices are the Roman Harvest and Pristina.
The male threads are not black on my Jr Gent 1 kits Roy plastic they are plated with black enamel, there is a black plastic insert for the female
threads to eliminate the metal on metal wear the originals experienced..

skamrath1

Are the roman harvest or pristina postable?

OKLAHOMAN

No they are not postable as most fountain pen users think component pens are much to top heavy if posted.

Top Bottom