Fountain cartridges

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bruce119

I am posting this here also. I am trying to get a quick answer.
http://www.penturners.org/forum/showthread.php?t=62313

What fountain cartridges can you buy off the self at the office stores. The Waterman that are common are too long and wont fit. I have a customer that has written me complaining he can't find a replacement. I couldn't fine one at staples but did at Office Depot the Foray # 323559. That was here in FL he is in N.Y. and says he could not find anything at the office stores. This is a Wall-Mart type guy so I am trying to find a good simple answer. Or maybe some links other than me sending him a refill that is not the solution. What do you guys do I know most people who buy fountain pens mostly know how to use them but you get one I guess every now & then.

thanks

I

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

glycerine

The only cartridges I have purchased were the ones that you mentioned, the forays from Office Depot. I'm a converter guy, so I get the bottled inks. Is he in New York city or just New York state? Seems like he could easily find a nice pen shop around there and pick up some good cartridges.
If you want a link, Exotics sell the Private Reserver cartridges...

ldb2000

You are looking for the short international ink cartridges . If he lives in NYC there any number of places he can get them . Jewelry stores sometimes sell high end pens and may carry the short cartridges .
You could get one of the short vacuum fillers from Lou or I think that Exotic has them too and send it to him . Then he could use bottled ink .

Mr Vic

I got some universal cartridges from Exoticblanks. Filled with Private Reserve ink....Great price at a pak of 12 for $5.60..less then 50 cents a cartdrige. And they write right nice...

monophoto

Every fountain pen kit that I have seen uses the "international standard" cartridge (or converter/pump).

The best bet is to visit a pen shop (or if the purchaser is in a small town, shop on the internet). The few cartridges that can be found in your local BBS are likely to be proprietary to one of the major pen manufactures.

Here's a link to more information than you care to know about fountain pen cartridges: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fountain_pen

Top Bottom