Found laminate idea

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

ldimick

I was just in my local Woodcraft store and I was showing the clerk a picture of some pick guard material and how it looks in a pen. He then pulled out a blank that a local turner has been passing out with a different laminate. He is using plastic venetian blinds! Might be a bit thick but it has possibilities.

I'm off to Home Depot. My wife thinks I am going to get some replacement sprinkler heads. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

53Jim

Another idea is soda bottle caps. I tried makeing a pen out of Mountain Dew bottles, using the caps as accent bands.

My pen is now a key ring, 'cuz I didn't like one of the blanks, but the caps look great.

20058272612_Mountain%20Dew%20Key%20Ring.jpg
<br />

The white band is a bottle cap, and the (very slim) yellow band is a bottle cap. The rest is the green plastic of Mountain Dew.

Randy_

A lot of the stuff mentioned is made of one form or another of PVC, I think, which doesn't glue up very well. One could probably get away using that stuff for little accent lines; but I would be concerned about problems arising if it is used in larger sections. Anyone else have any thoughts??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom