football leather pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Not me. Go for it and report back. My thoughts is that real football leather will be too thick. Hence, your use of the word "resembles". I suppost real football leather could be split to make thinner.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by hughbie
<br />just curious, has any of you 'casters' ever tried to cast tubes wrapped in leather that resembles a football?

gketell

Local Chapter Leader
You do the leather you can find any number of people to do the casting. Me for one. I'm good at clear casting. [;)]

GK

Rmartin

I made a segmented sierra using bloodwood with bands of holly. It looked a lot like a football. Ken engraved it with "Alabama" and I color filled that with white. I've have request for several more of those.

hughbie

richard - do you have a pic of that pen? sounds interesting

greg - i will keep you in mind. i'll be on the lookout for such. the doc that my wife works for is an avid football fan and i think that would be a good smooge. LOL

Hosspen

Hughbie,
I've not casted anything yet, but did make a football pen using some football paper from the scrapbooking section at Michael's. It actually has the texture of the pigskin but not quite as thick and easier to work with.(I thought it it looked pretty real.)I used a CA finish and gave it to a cousin. I plan to try one out of a real football the first chance I get to find an old one I can cut up.

hughbie

thanks hoss. i have several leather shops here in town...i think i will run this idea by the owners and see what they can come up with. just maybe they can get some pebble leather and split it. i'll take a look at the paper too

Rmartin

Sorry, I don't have a picture of that pen, but I have the next best thing, photoshop!

This should give you an idea what it looked like:

200799193435_footballpen.jpg
<br />

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom