Flexible CA

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jttheclockman

A question came up address to basically to Mike and I from Monty. I had mentioned in one of Mike's posts about fixing segmented blanks that I use epoxy for basically all my glueups and he mentioned he used it on occassion. I also went on to mention I thought that the use of CA was brittle and that epoxy was a bit more forgiving because it remained somewhat flexible.

Monty asked if we ever used Rubberized CA. I mentioned that I never heard of it and that I did not use it. I thought this to be a great question to ask the membership. I am assuming this is a new product and I do not know who makes it. But has anyone ever used rubberized CA and if so how did you use it and what are your thoughts on it??? What type consistancy does it have??? Is it as thick as Med Ca or thicker??? What is the cure time??? Has anyone done any kind of stregnth tests with it??? I assume it is not a CA that is good for finishing or am I wrong??

Thanks and thanks Monty for the question.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Monty

Group Buy Coordinator
There is also a clear rubbertoughened CA available in 300, 800, 1500, 2400, and 4000 CPS from another company that I'm sure Ed would consider special ordering if enough wanted to try it. The cure time is 10-15 seconds for fix and 8 hours for a full cure.

Last edited:
Top Bottom