Fleur' De Lis

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

endacoz

I recently recieved a custom order:

*** Would it be possible to get a ripper/stiletto combo in gold with a
black fleur lis or a black with a gold fleur de lis? ***

after asking more questions she replied with the following.

*** Yes, you guessed it I am a Saints fan.
I looked at the bottle cap one. I was thinking on the line of
engraving a fleur de lis shape into the wood.
Not sure if you can do that in gold and black.
If you can only do it in wood that would be fine. What do you
suggest? Can I get a price with stainless. ****

I have been looking around and not seen a blank like this for sale.

Can you help me find a pen blank that I can buy to make this customer satisfied.

attached is a picture from a another Thread on the IAP. I am open to all suggestions and or comments.

Attachments

• Fluer De Lis.jpg
    Fluer De Lis.jpg
    420.7 KB · Views: 286
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

KenV

There is a similar blank made by Jeff and sold by exotic blanks, but not in black.

I suspect there might be trademark issues if it gets too close to matching a sports emblem.

Jeff's blanks will work for a seam ripper as they are drilled

boatemp

Hi,
I do dye sublimation. This can be done on aluminum. Gold tone, silver tone or white. I will be experimenting with pen tops that can be monogrammed. I just need to find a way to cut that small of a circle.
I can put a fleur de Lis on the aluminum. I'd have to know the diameter and if that diameter is available. Althought the printer doesn't print gold, I can use a goldtone aluminum.
Let me know what diameter you need and I'll see what can be done.
fyi-I also do doming.

magpens

There is a Fleur de Lis available from Wood 'n' Whimsies ... laser cut inlay blank ... dark on light or light on dark. And I think Tracey could do some customization for you with regard to colors

The one pictured is for the Sierra and similar pens ... but maybe you can shim to size to fit the 8 mm seam ripper tube by making a sleeve to go in between the 8 mm tube and the laser cut blank. Or maybe Tracey could even do one on a blank with an 8 mm hole.

That picture you posted sure looks like it could be one of Tracey's blanks.

Last edited:

magpens

The Fleur de Lis is a cherished symbol in France and in the Canadian Province of Quebec - possibly in some other parts of the world with a French heritage. . I realize it has some unpleasant associations in the history of the American South and that some people would like to expunge it from memory for a very good reason. . Nevertheless the origins of the symbol go back much earlier in European history.

Last edited:

edstreet

Top Bottom