Flat Top American Twist Pencil Kit

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mordi

I am twisting, but I don't see any lead coming out of the front end :mad-tongue:

If I shake the pencil, I can hear a couple of pieces of lead inside - should I add more lead?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Mordi

you have a piece of lead that's broken inside the nib end, you can either find a pin that will fit up inside the nib and push it back in then remove all the leads till the small one comes out. OR you can click to open and gently tap until that small lead can be pulled out with fingers then a fresh lead will advance into place.

Mordi

Well, I learned something (again) today :tongue:

Much to my surprise, to load the lead in this twist pencil, it must be inserted through the nib and twisted up into the mechanism. When you use up a stick of lead and need another piece, you need to reload in the same manner - from the front end. Apparently, this was the way it was done back in the old days - and this is an old school style pencil The lead that you drop into the cap section of the pencil (after removing the eraser and a plastic cap) is there just for storage. In other words, when you use up your lead, you can twist all you want, but it does not feed any lead into the nib.

So, I guess you could say, I finally got some "lead in my pencil" :eek:

Mordi

Top Bottom