Fixing CA bottle

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tiger

I've bought a bottle of thin CA but the hole where the CA comes out from is too large and consequently pours out too fast and runs everwhere. This makes it difficult to do a CA finish. The nozzle is attached to the body of the bottle and I can't take it apart. Any ideas on how to solve this problem?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Xander

You can by 'nozzles' to fit the bottles from any good hobby store. They just push fit over the built-in bottle nozzle. Note, they are very fine and do clog if left open so what I do is when I need to use that glue I snip off 1/8" from the nozzle. They are cheap and come in packs of 5 or 10.

http://www.foxywoodz.com/content/ca-glue-tips (Never bought from them but that's the first site I found when googled)

Last edited:

Crickett

There is no need to purchase anything, just let some CA dry on the tip and then use a pin or small nail to make a new hole. As we all know, eventually the hole will plug with CA with regular use.

Tiger

Thanks to all for those suggestions, I haven't seen those nozzles here but they look useful. I'm going to try Marla's idea as it's now 9 am here and I want to make a couple of pens right now.

NewLondon88

Local Chapter Leader
the tips work great.. and mine haven't clogged in a while.
(I probably just jinxed myself) But if they do, just cut it back 1/16"
and you have a fresh surface.
I no longer put caps back on my CA and they don't dry out. This saves
me the hassle of destroying a bottle of CA while trying to get the cap
to come off.

crabcreekind

For a ca finish, I put a couple drops of ca on my paper towel. Then I apply it to the blank. Not just dump it on like most people. I found it uses less CA, and it does not splatter everywhere.

rherrell

Squeeze some air out of the bottle before you turn it over, then when you turn it over let a little air back in, that will keep the glue in the bottle. It takes a little practice but once you get the hang of it you'll be able to control the flow and put the glue right where you want it.

Top Bottom