Fixing acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadmos

I guess it's acrylic.. anyway it's a blank from woodcraft green with flecks, got a crack at the tip and a tiny peice missing right up against the bushing..anything I can do to fix/stabilize it?

Thanks

ahoiberg

if the piece missing doesn't go all the way to the tube (or even if it does, but it'll show more), you can just dab in thick CA glue until it's overfilled the hole. after it sets up, which can take a while to get it nice and hard, just turn it down and it usually blends in pretty well with the rest of the pen.

leatherjunkie

you can also part off the section that is messed up.
then just grab another acrylic blank cut off about 1/8" longer than the parted off section. drill it and glue it on to the exposed brass tube. square it up and finish turning it.

so now you would have a custom made pen that no one except us on this site will know that you had a bad spot on the pen.

Kadmos

I ended up using med Ca and letting it hang in a bubble off the bottom to dry (surface tension is cool), filled in rather nicely, sanded fine and to me it looks like a GIANT flaw, a real road sign sticking up..this pen was for my wife so gave it to her to inspect, she couldn't find the flaw, barely even saw it when it was pointed out to her.

So I guess it worked just fine.

Thanks guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom