fitting statesman into maple box

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

babyblues

I made an emperor for a friend a while back and ordered a maple box with a custom insert from Arizonasilhouette. The problem is that the box wouldn't close all the way with the pen in it. Has anyone else had this problem? How did you fix it? I just carved out the underside of the cover and resanded it. I am making a statesman for a wedding gift and also plan to put it in a maple box to be engraved, but the statesman is fatter than the emperor by just a hair. I wanted to know if there's a better way to make it fit than modifying the box. I've considered taking out the flocked liner from the bottom of the insert, but I don't want the pen coming in direct contact with the box and risk scratches. Thank you in advance for any suggestions. :D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by wdcav1952
<br />Order the box at CSUSA that is made for the Emperor.

Cav,

Have you tried this? Is it a different size from the other maple boxes???

Thanks in advance!

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Ed,

I bought the Regal pen box which is on closeout. The Emperor fit in it by my standards. Now with the tendency of some to make the pens with contours that might be a problem. However, the straight Emperor fits.

edited for spelling

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
OK Cav,

Craft Supply should send you a commission check ($200 purchase).

Now, why won't they work for engraving? Please!

gerryr

Just take the box apart, sand off the decorations, apply a new finish, put it back together and get it engraved. And, drum roll please, a $100 pen box![:D]

fiferb

Kallenshaan Woods has boxes and he does great engraving. I got a Jr. Emperor box from him for the wedding pen I made. I would think he has them for the full size as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom