Fisher Refills for Roller Ball Pens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fatstrat

Your title is fisher refills for rollerballs, so is it just that you want to use the fisher pressurized cartridges in rollerball pens? if so, fisher makes a little adaptor to put their refills into pens that use parker style refills. You can get them on the fisher website if not in your local office supply store. If thats not what you meant...forget everything i just said.

gerryr

I'm not sure why you would want to replace a roller ball refill with a ballpoint, unless it's a Hauser refill and then all you need is a good one like Schmidt. A Parker refill is around 1/2" shorter than a roller ball refill so you would need to make a spacer to take up that space and you would need to have a spring on the ballpoint refill. Since the shape of the two refills are quite different, it would take some fooling around to make it work. It wouldn't be worth it for me since ballpoints are a step down in writing quality compared to a roller, IMO.

constamj

My customer doesn't like the rollerballs because they have to fill out paper work in duplicate and they just don't work as well as a ball point. I think even a gel might work. I found a pilot gel refill that feels pretty nice and might work for my customer. It is going into a Jr. Gent closed end pen so I can deal with the length issue but not sure about the tip issue. Would it work to put a spring on the front of the refill rather than the back?

gerryr

I think you need to spring on the front to keep the refill in place, but the length of the spacer will need to be precise.

TXPhi67

I've used the Parker Space Pen refill to replace a roller ball on a couple occasions and have found the Space Pen to be as good, if not superior, to the roller ball performance.

As for the size and shape difference. If its a closed end, the length is pretty easy to manage. Otherwise, the adapter for the Fisher Parker style can be adjusted and the length of the over all refill as a result. The thing is that you would need to go over that with a customer so they can do it themselves later. Also, a plug is a pretty easy thing to insert if you don't want to mess with the refill.

Finally, I've found that placing the spring on the front of the refill works best. Sometimes you may have to mess with the spring to make it work right - but its not been much of a problem the few times I have had to do it.

Hope that helps!

Brian

Top Bottom