First post on IAP

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mike D

This is my first post on IAP. My latest pen is a PSI gun metal Vertex click pen with a Carbon Fiber barrel. Compared to all of the awesome pens you folks have posted mine isn't very special but I thought I'd post it anyway.

I just ordered a 60 deg dead center and tool rest from Penturners products for between center turning. What a great company. IAP is a great site and so many talented folks. I am learning great things here and hope to contribute more very soon. Thanks for viewing.

Attachments

• DSCN0536.JPG
    DSCN0536.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 214
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

MarkD

Mike,
Welcome to the site. As a relative newcomer myself I will agree that this is a great site. There is a wealth of information here. Make sure to take advatage of the library.

Your pen looks great. That combination is on my short list of projects.

Lenny

Welcome Mike! It looks like you are off to a fine start! :)
A good pairing of material to components.

Mark's signature is very true .... don't say you weren't warned! :biggrin:

reddwil

Welcome aboard, Fine looking pen. Made a couple just like it. Don't be surprised at how easily the carbon fiber blanks scratch. The two I made, were sold and used as daily carries. Both complained.

CaptG

Good looking pen and welcome to the forum. You can learn a lot from here.

Welcome aboard, Fine looking pen. Made a couple just like it. Don't be surprised at how easily the carbon fiber blanks scratch. The two I made, were sold and used as daily carries. Both complained.

Not trying to hijack the thread but I gotta ask Reddwil, where did you get the blank? I use one of my cf pens for a daily carry and don't have scratch problems.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
First thing I checked too, Gary. It did not come from us, so if it did not come from you, it must not be one of yours.

Whew!!!

steeler fan1

Welcome Mike,

You'll like the addiction and this site. Your skill is amazing considering you're only 5 months old:wink:. Might want to edit your profile:biggrin:.

You'll like it here, nice group of people.

Carl

Mike D

Thanks all for your kind comments and the welcome. Thanks for the heads up on the profile. I updated profile and I got the age fixed as well...LOL. Yep I'm older than 5 months.

reddwil

Just for clarification, The carbon fiber blanks I had were NOT made by CaptG. They came from one of the retailers. The next time I make one, I know who to get them From. Sorry if I implied that.

Top Bottom