First pen ever complete!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Razorburne

I'm very excited....despite some cold weather and snow, I was able to complete my first pen ever (even though my shop is outdoors with no electricity- ran an extension cord to run my lathe)! I am officially hooked and can't wait to turn more and experiment with finishes, etc.

Thanks to everyone for the info to help me get started!

Burmese Rosewood, Mesa kit, Wgeneral Finishes Woodturner's Finish

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.8 KB · Views: 258
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

plantman

Now that's a dedicated turner that runs an extension cord out to his/hers shop in the winter to make their first pen !! I am sure that this will only be the first of many. My only question is why did you buy a lathe when you had no power to your shop. I guess the end justifies the means. Jim S

Razorburne

Hi Jim...my only "shop" is my in-laws garage which has no electricity. That doesn't stop me from woodworking. However it does mean that in good or bad weather I'm working in the driveway or in the garage near the doorway for the light on a day with rain/snow. My table saw, miter saw, lathe, all get run off a 10 gauge extension cord. My other tools are cordless and run off battery. I wanted to learn woodturning and had one option - extension cord or no woodturning. Easy choice for me. It will be easier when I own my own home. Until then I will deal with less than perfect conditions.

Thank you for the nice words!

Razorburne

Thank you for all the kind words everyone! I can't wait to turn more and share and learn with you.

Not Minnesota.....just New York, but temps in the 30s and snow isn't the greatest for woodturning ��. Thanks again everyone!

Last edited:

magpens

Congratulations on your first pen completion, Keith ! . It's a real high, isn't it ?
Looks really good ... !!!

Last edited:

Steve Lowe

I'm very excited....despite some cold weather and snow, I was able to complete my first pen ever (even though my shop is outdoors with no electricity- ran an extension cord to run my lathe)! I am officially hooked and can't wait to turn more and experiment with finishes, etc.

Very nice pen Keith

WriteON

Completing a pen is a great feeling...and it never gets old. Congrats on your first.

Top Bottom