A first for me (and on a Shopsmith at that!)

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

I know many have done this already so it's not a big deal, but when it's your first you want to jump for joy and share! So here I am jumping for joy (which makes it really hard to type)!

It's also pretty unique these days that I did it on my faithful ole' ShopSmith. Many still use the SS for turning pens or other basic tasks, but far fewer that still use them have adapted for adding accessories such as chucks and such so this is a cool moment me, having not tried turning anything this small before.

So here it is... My first custom cap insert!

Attachments

• InsertInTheMakingReduced.jpg
    InsertInTheMakingReduced.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 830
  • InsertUpCloseReduced.jpg
    InsertUpCloseReduced.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 362
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

76winger

Hopefully I'll get to work on the rest of the pen this week. It's my winning item from the Birthday Bash and I've been anxious to get started on it.

TerryDowning

Nice looking Greenie Dave!

I only have a shopsmith. I've been using the same one for the last 40 years (My whole life basically, I went with my Dad down to Papa's house to pick it up in 1970. I started using it a couple years later, I inherited it from my Dad in 2001). I just changed the bearings and painted it, and it's like new again, and ready to go another 57 years I hope.

Nice job on the small part. The collet chuck from PSI helps even more with accuracy on small parts and bits of stuff.

Top Bottom