First Gentlemans FP...love the nib!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodscavenger

As some of you have seen I have had some trouble with the Baron FP kits. I love the kit, it is easy, smooth and well done but the nibs have been problematic for me with many hours spent fiddling, reading, emailing, fiddling and a little cussing. Today I did a Gentlemens FP. I don't think I will do another Baron FP. This thing writes sooooo smooth! Not a skip, catch, or hiccup. I am sold.
Now if I can beg, borrow, or steal a17/32 bit I can do two ligeros

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

woodwish

I have never made a FP, or even used one in more than 35 years, but after reading your opinion I may try one myself. If I actually used it at school my students would probably see their first one, it may be something to have just to be unique. I do think FP's have a certain amount of prestige to them, I remember some of the people I really admired as a youth always had nice FP's instead of those new-fangled ball points. I made my first pen (a cheap Euro from CSUSA in walnut) two years ago and still use it everyday. Given the way students will "borrow" your pen it amazes me that I have managed to use it two years and not lose it, so I think I could keep up with a real FP. Sounds liek you would suggest the Baron? [?] BTW, congrats on making it, how about a photo?

wayneis

When I first started doing the Ligero's the 17/32 was on backorder so I checked out my bits and found one that worked out just fine, if you have some drill bit sets check them out and you should find one that will work. I'm not in my shop now so I can't tell you which size it is and I don't remember off hand but I do know that I made several Ligero's before the correct bit came and they turned out just fine.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom