First bolt action

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

kovalcik

I am turning my first bolt action and it is for a customer. Assembly looks very straight forward. Any hints or gotchas on this style pen that I should watch out for? I usually make a new pen style for myself and play with it before selling one, but I will not have a chance with this one.

Thanks

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

walshjp17

Make sure you tighten the screw in the cap that holds the lever in place. This has been known to come loose from the factory which will eventually cause the bolt to stop working.

CrimsonKeel

Turn the bolt around so it works in the right direction. loosen screw inside and then turn bolt and re tighten screw. then loosen end cap and spin the clip to the other side.

longbeard

Only 2 pieces for fit, nib end, finial end. Remove the tip before assembly, then slid the refill in with spring and screw the tip back on. One of the easiest pens to assembly in my opinion.

MichaelD

I've had some call backs when people couldn't get the nib off to change refills. Don't screw that back on too tight. I've had to use padded pliers to get them off before myself.

WriteON

Make sure you tighten the screw in the cap that holds the lever in place. This has been known to come loose from the factory which will eventually cause the bolt to stop working.

I believe the sliding bolt can be tightened or reversed after the Pen is assembled.
Have fun with the bolt pens....the are a fun item....and additive to make and own. So far I gave away 3 but cannot part with the rest of them at this time.

Dan Masshardt

Yes. I reverse all the bolts as a matter of course. I'd recommend everyone does and it baffles me why this is not the default position.

At the same time you have to move the clip. Loosen the final and move the clip around to the other notch. Press in down into place and tighten.

plano_harry

If you write right handed, it is a lot easier to extend the tip one handed if the bolt is on the left (factory position) also the bolt does not press into the thumb web while writing.

AND

If you shoot left handed, the bolt is correct. :tongue:

Harry

Yes. I reverse all the bolts as a matter of course. I'd recommend everyone does and it baffles me why this is not the default position.

At the same time you have to move the clip. Loosen the final and move the clip around to the other notch. Press in down into place and tighten.

Top Bottom