First Baron Impressions

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

cowchaser

Turned my first baron today. First capped pen I have turned and first time I have turned in about 3 months due to being sick and redoing the kitchen. Seems to be a very nice pen. Writes good and feels good in the hand. Little devil to put together though. Think I read the instructions 3 times.

Won't be showing any pics of the pen since I jacked up the finish and didn't see it until I had it all together.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Ligget

Sorry to here of your little problem regarding the finish.

The Baron is easily taken apart with a transfer punch set so you can redo the finish.

LanceD

I don't see where the Baron pen is harder to assemble. It's one of the most straight forward designs out there. you have 2 black couplers along with 2 trim rings and by the way they are both the same size for the lower barrel. On the cap barrel you have a threaded insert that fits into the center band, only one way it can go in. A lot of people have trouble with that part, I think mainly they skip over the directions and realize the've forgotten to put it in with the centerband.

rherrell

The couplers can't go in too deep. They're made to stop when the trim ring hits the threads. Maybe you're not seating the first one properly. Also, a press block isn't needed to assemble a Baron.;)

Top Bottom