First Antler Project

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragamuffin

This weekend I turned a shop pencil from some deer antler a coworker gave me. Somewhere along the line I banged up the threads on the inside so I had a hard time with assembly and scratched up the tip in the process. I used a CA / BLO finish and it is a little shinier than I would prefer. All in all it turned out fairly well and I'm still gonna give it as a Christmas gift.

Any comments or criticisms (on the turning OR the photography) are more than welcome.

Thanks for looking.
Rags

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

JimGo

Rags, Welcome to IAP! In the future, if you post these kinds of things in the Show Off Your Pens forum, rather than pen turning, you'll be more likely to get the kind of responses you want.

I've never done antler, so I can't really comment from that perspective, but fit and finish look pretty good!

knottyharry

It looks pretty good from where I sit.
Nice looking pen.
Antler is kind of funny stuff to work with...as far as color,
etc. Depends on how new it is and how close you get to the pith.
But looks good none the less.
Harry

alamocdc

Not sure since there are replies, Rags. When I make an oops post, I ask the administrator to move it to the correct forum. You could delete the one is SOYP if no one has replied and ask for this one to be moved. Just a thought, but it's your call.

BTW, looks pretty good from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom