finishing dymondwood

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnkepka

I am new to using dymondwood. I would appreciate some finishing tips or suggestions. I did sand to 1500 and tried the novus 1 and 2 but found it low gloss and generally unsatisfactory. It seems results were 1200 then eee shine and PPP.

I am told it can be wet sanded to a finish but this did not seem to be that good.

Part of the problem could be that it is the red white and blue "olymmpic " pattern.

thanks
john kepka

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rudy Vey

Sand with MM through all grits, then polish with an automotive polishing coumpound or Novus polish and finish with a couple of coats of TSW. There is no need for an additional finish, this is resin containing stuff and needs, in my opinion, nothing on top of it.

wayneis

I make quite a few dymondwood pens and when finished they look like I did a Enduro or CA finish on them. I sand with MM to 12,000 then buff with white dymond, that makes them shine like crazy.

Wayne

TomServo

I turned one real quick just now - check it out

sanded 150,220, green, red, gray scotch brite then wet sanded with BLO from 1000, 1500, and 2400MM-12000MM i wiped off the excess BLO and used both sticks of PPP (it's what i got)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom