Fine Point RB Refills Drying-out

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

TonyL

I have had a run a higher-end fine point (.5mm) RB refills partially drying-out (very scratchy and inconsistent ink flow to write with too). I am not having the same issue with the medium point refills. All are brand new, but I wouldn't know the age or otherwise used for a short time. All are capped when outside of pen, and capped when not in use. Is it just a matter of writing with them for a while? Should I try heating the tip a little...or just discarding.

Thanks!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SteveG

It is no problem to state the Brand and model # for the refill. I have not had the problem you mention, but someone who has might better be able to help if they know the specifics. The "fix" might be to just avoid a particular brand.

TonyL

Schneider Top Ball 850. I have some that work fine. I would say my "failure" rate is about 50% though.

SteveG

I said I did not have that problem, but in fact I had a very similar problem. For me, that brand, Schneider, had yielded a very poor writing experience, and it cost me a sale. A person had bought one of my rollerball pens with Schneider refill (model unknown). Shortly after his purchase it started writing poorly. He bought replacement Schneider refills and had the same problem. A year later (the first time I heard from him on this), he approaches my sales table with the story just told here, and states that he would NOT buy pens from me because of the bad experience. He did not want to hear any possible remedies from me at that point...mind made up and set. Who can blame him. Lesson learned for me, and now almost all my RB's are loaded with Schmidt refills with an occasional Pilot Ex-Fine gel refill.

Loose the "Schneider" and loose the problem!

Top Bottom