Fine point fountain nibs?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jerickson

I have a customer who wants to purchase an Emperor fountain pen, but is specifically requesting a fine tip nib, as opposed to the medium nib that Craft Supplies sells with the kit.

Craft Supplies tells me they are unable to provide any other nib. Has anyone here had experience with this?

Thanks.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
I'm slow, but I do poor work.

If this is "What's my line", are you a Teamster????

(No offense to union members --- Just an attempt at humor)

jskeen

That's kinda like "the hours are long and the pay is lousy, but hey, at least the food still sucks" when you're in the military

donahuep

John,

Did you have any luck finding that nib? I have three Jr. Gentlemen 2 fountain pans and i would like to put "fine nibs" on them. CSUSA says their replacement nibs will not fit Gentlemen pens. I am not sure if they mean the Jr Gent 2s in that category or not.

Pat D

jskeen

The replacement fountain pen sections CSUSA sells will fit the Jr. Gent/Jr. Statesmen pens. The however are different from the sections that come if you order a FP kit from them. They will NOT fit the full size Gent/Statesman/Emperor pens. Totally different critter. Replacement Nibs (not complete sections) are available for the full size pens. A couple of people on here sell them. I do not know of a screw in replacement FP section for the full size pens.

its_virgil

Contact Lou Metcalf, aka DCBluesman. He sells nibs that will fit the gent in med and fine. I have them on all of my fountain pens and they are great...semi-flex steel nibs or he will sell you a gold nib. Anthony Turchetta, aka Penworks also sells gold nibs. Anything you buy from CSUSA or other suppliers will be the same steel nibs that come with the kits. Stop looking and call either Lou or Anthony.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
John,

Did you have any luck finding that nib? I have three Jr. Gentlemen 2 fountain pans and i would like to put "fine nibs" on them. CSUSA says their replacement nibs will not fit Gentlemen pens. I am not sure if they mean the Jr Gent 2s in that category or not.

Pat D

OKLAHOMAN

I do not know of a screw in replacement FP section for the full size pens.[/quote]

There are none but if you going to be selling fountain pens just by the nib and replace it. Its a very simple process and the Flex-Steel nib from Lou comes in fine and medium at a great price and will write as good as most on the market.

Top Bottom