Finally, something for those of us on the sea coast

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

I have been begging the inlay folks for a few years now for something nautical that I can present to my consignment shops I the way of an inlay design. For now the lighthouse will suffice. I would still like to see a compass rose or a ships wheel.
I have a Magnetic Vertex version I have in process also.

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Mortalis

Sorry, no attachment. Darn phone didnt upload the pic

Attachments

• Lighthouse Pen.jpg
    Lighthouse Pen.jpg
    296.7 KB · Views: 250

jttheclockman

I have begging the last inlay folks for something nautical that I can present to my consignment shops I the way of an inlay design. For now the lighthouse will suffice. I would still like to see a compass rose or a ships wheel.

I too agree. I would say about 4 or 5 years ago (time flys) I asked Constant from Lazerlinez if he could do a compass rose and sent him examples but he never returned the message. So i put it on the back burners and was going to try doing something like that by segmenting but never got around to it. The idea is still in my head. I think nautical themed pens would sell. I live close enough to the shore. Good luck and hope to see something come of it.

Mortalis

I received an email response from Laserlinez a year or so ago that basically said there wasnt enough call for something like that. I even inquired about a special order and I volunteered an order or 25 or more just to get the ball rolling and he said he used to do customer orders but stopped because it was too cumbersome to fulfill all the specials he was getting.

jttheclockman

I received an email response from Laserlinez a year or so ago that basically said there wasnt enough call for something like that. I even inquired about a special order and I volunteered an order or 25 or more just to get the ball rolling and he said he used to do customer orders but stopped because it was too cumbersome to fulfill all the specials he was getting.

I wish I would have received at least that message:) Have to go other routes. There are some watches out there that are nautical and i have plans for them. You can try different knots if you are good at tying them and incorporate them in a pen. There was a person or two that did that and did some very nice pens. I wish I could quote them but you would have to do a search. Good luck.

Fish30114

Have you considered printing out some appropriate line art, and putting on whatever colored blank and sealing it in with a CA finish. I have done several one off College themed pens with the 'logo' of the particular school adhered to a blank-already turned slightly undersized-and then sealed it in with a CA finish. We just used our home laser jet printer on some adhesive backed decal paper. If you are doing a two tubed pen style, it's pretty easy to come up with the appropriate color scheme!

Top Bottom