Finally got some Gentlemens

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Status
Not open for further replies.

rtjw

I finally broke down and bought some gentlemens. The question is, What would be the best wood to make these with in order to really have them stand out?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wayneis

Just treat it like any other quality pen, pick out a nice piece and go for it. That being said, my sales pen is a red amboyna Platinum Gentlemans RB. That baby get attention whenever I pull it out to write a check or sign something like you wouldn't believe. I bought some of the leather cases from BB and thats how I carry it around.

Wayne

Old Griz

Passed Away Oct 4, 2013
In Memoriam
Johnny a piece of that axis deer you sent me would look fantastic on a platinum Gent... I am going to use a piece on a sterling Baron and save some for a Platinum El Grande...
BTW... been meaning to thank you for that antler.. well worth the price, absolutely beautiful stuff.. let me know when you get more...

vick

personally on the bigger pen I likr darker woods on the gold kits (curly koa, redwood burl, Amboyna burl, ect) and I save the lighter wood for the platinum (splated alder, ect). But I am not the most creative guy.

rtjw

I am going to be getting more next week. The deer are all shedding their horns right now, so I can get as much as I need. Axis is in short supply though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom