Finally a "CandyCane" pen is born

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toyotaman

As some of you may know I was looking for a Candycane striped blank a while back for a lady and she backed out of it bacause of the price. I ended up buying some Red and White Acrylic and making one myself. I've got about a half a days work in this thing but it turned out great. I think she will be happy.
Donny

Attachments

• 0116121710.jpg
    0116121710.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 811
  • 0116121718.jpg
    0116121718.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 496
  • 0115121759.jpg
    0115121759.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 429
  • 0116121708.jpg
    0116121708.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 395
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

toyotaman

Nice looking candy cane.Where bouts are you in NW Georgia?

I'm in Chatsworth. Just about 30 minutes from you. Are you in a turners club????? We are having a turners meeting on Tuesday evening @ 6pm at Dalton High School in Dalton. If you would like to swing by let me know and I can give you more directions.
Donny

GaTurner83

I'm in Chatsworth. Just about 30 minutes from you. Are you in a turners club????? We are having a turners meeting on Tuesday evening @ 6pm at Dalton High School in Dalton. If you would like to swing by let me know and I can give you more directions.
Donny

I'm gonna try to get down.I met Bert awhile back he lives across the highway from me.Im gonna try to join down there.Look forward to meeting you if I make it down there.

toyotaman

Donny

I'm gonna try to get down.I met Bert awhile back he lives across the highway from me.Im gonna try to join down there.Look forward to meeting you if I make it down there.

Great, hope to see you there.
Donny

seamus7227

I'm curious what the customer thought about the price...too much? surely you didn't price it that high, I mean , its a slim line with two colors.
This is by no means trying to insult you, but an unappreciative customer of hard work.

Sent from my Epic using Forum Runner

dvcmikey

That is beautiful Donny, I'm interested in how you glued the segments and would epoxy work on the glue up?

jttheclockman

That is beautiful Donny, I'm interested in how you glued the segments and would epoxy work on the glue up?

Hello Mike. Welcome to the site. Glad to see another segmenter interested. Unfortunately that is a 4 year old thread and the OP has not been on here for over a year. Maybe I can help. It is a bit hard to tell but looks like the pieces were cut on a 60 degree angle to give that better rolling effect. Not sure what glue he used but I always use epoxy when gluing segments. I am a fan of SystemsIII T88 epoxy. If you use CA I suggest med to give you a bit more open time and if putting the whole blank together you may want to even use the thick version. Here is a thread that discusses gluing up and holding angled pieces that maybe of help to you. Lots of info in the segmenting forum. Good luck.

http://www.penturners.org/forum/f179/clamping-segments-cut-out-n-angle-139602/

Top Bottom